The Pullman Depot Heritage Center, Whitman County Historical Society successfully nominated the Northern Pacific Railway Depot in Pullman to the National Register of Historic Places. Constructed in 1916, Pullman residents and the University lobbied the railroad for a new, larger depot that could adequately serve the growing community. Designed in-house by Northern Pacific Engineer, Jess D. Koren, the depot served passengers until 1966. The Pullman Depot Heritage Center is currently in the early stages of restoring the building to its former glory for use as a heritage center.
- | Palouse People | Photography of the Palouse
- Palouse People | The Fallen Cougars Project
- Stop by the Whitman County Library and check out the display we have on Crops of the Palouse.
- Northern Pacific Railway Depot in Pullman accepted to the National Register of Historic Places
- Palouse People | Readin’, ‘Ritin’, & ‘Rithmetic: One-Room Schools in Whitman County